At the present time, in the United States, there are more real estate agents, than houses! However, the reality is, all of them, are not, created equal! Since, there’s no – such thing, as a born salesperson/ agent, several factors, and characteristics, differentiate, between individuals! In addition, someone, who may be, great, for someone else, may not be, the one, for you, so, the best path, if you hope to either, purchase, or sell a home, is to thoroughly, interview, potential candidates, and hire, the one, which might best suit, your specific combination of skills, attitude, and other factors, which make you, most comfortable, and satisfied, with your choise! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 key things, which, matter, to many people, and may be significant, for you, as – well.
1. Listens to you, to learn, and understand, your needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, etc: When you interview, observe, whether, a specific person, prioritizes, listening to you, and addressing your concerns, and situation, rather than, immediately, speaking, and reciting, how much, he can do for you! There will be, plenty – of – time, to discuss that, but, first, it’s essential, to hire someone, who, puts – you – first!
2. Local knowledge: Each area, region, and locality, is different, in certain ways! Seek someone, with considerable, local knowledge, who, is ready, willing, and able, to fully – explain, to your satisfaction, how those nuances, may impact/ determine, the smartest strategies!
3. Integrity: Unless/ until, you feel, someone, has, consistent, absolute integrity (instead of, merely, when it is convenient), you will, probably, find it, challenging, to feel, truly, comfortable, with that person! Seriously, consider, someone’s quality of character, from the onset!
4. Common sense: Unfortunately, although, many take it, for – granted, common sense, is, often, quite – rare! Have a discussion about a variety of scenarios, and possibilities, to learn, as much, as possible, about, who you hire, before, doing – so! Since, for most, the value of their house, represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t that, make sense?
5. Understands pricing: A listing and selling price, may, often, differ, so, be careful, to avoid the temptation, to be, bought – by – a suggested, listing price! Be certain, to select, an agent, who, thoroughly, understands, the nuances, and realities, of the current market’s pricing, and is capable, of explaining, why!
6. Negotiating skill: Just, as, it relates, to any other business – related, skill, real estate professionals, need, a high degree of relevant, developed, negotiating skill, and self – confidence, in this area!
When you choose a person, to represent, you, focus on, a variety of factors, and select the individually, carefully, and thoughtfully/ thoroughly! Be a wiser consumer!
What is a Commercial Mortgage?
Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Mortgage Loan
Commercial Tenant Move in Checklist